ABOUT THIS BLOG: OBJECTIVES AND GUIDELINES

What's my group?

Friday, March 18, 2016

Three Witches

I found this image particularly interesting since it depicts the three witches in an unusual way.

Three witches are the sketches of three people. I can read the three names are G.J. Bennett, Drinkwater Meadows, W.H. Payne. I could only dig up Mr. Drinkwater's name from the internet. He turned out to be an actor. Therefore, I assume the rest of them are actors as well. I also found out that Drinkwater is a man. Then, I also assumed these witches are all men. To sum up, I found that 3 men played the parts of witches. This was interesting for me.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely, it's interesting that three men played the parts of witches. The reason may the fact that the witches should be ugly and crusty. They are not beautiful, graceful and they have no innocence and mercy. The terms (beauty, grace, innocence, mercy) are usually associated with femininity. Maybe in order to show the opposite, the three men were casted to play the parts of witches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing that out, it seems that I forgot to mention those details about beauty and youth. When men play the parts of witches, they can achieve a grittier and meaner look, so I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete