ABOUT THIS BLOG: OBJECTIVES AND GUIDELINES

What's my group?

Friday, April 1, 2016

Descartes-Animals& Did He Really Said That?

Hello everyone :)
When I was searching for Descartes I saw many sites about animal rights and all of them were hating  Descartes. So I decided to search about Descartes and animals and I found this:
According to at least one biography, Renée Descartes was driven to prove that humans had souls and animals didn’t. So, naturally, he threw a cat out of a window to demonstrate its lack of emotion and sensation.
In addition to throwing cats out of windows, he also performed a pre-Pavlov experiment on a dog. He whipped the dog repeatedly while a violin was playing. He discovered that, after a while, the sound of the violin was enough to frighten the dog. He also conducted more gruesome experiments. Once, he cut the end of the heart of a living dog. He jabbed his finger inside the dog to see if it pressed his finger.
It did.
:(
Also there is a really funny thing that I want to share too :)
Again when I was searching for Descartes quotes, I saw this quote. Not only once this quote was everywhere and I was like What ? :) So I decided to search for that one too :)

I learned that in an adult site someone made a comment "Give her the dick" using Descartes as his profile picture. This comment gained so much popularity that people start using Descartes's picture in adult sites and they created a meme where Descartes says such things
So if you ever see a quote like this Don't Worry :) He didn't say that.

                                                        
           the comment :)

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting post but i believe that animals have emotional feelings such as maternal emotions, they are not like robot

    ReplyDelete