ABOUT THIS BLOG: OBJECTIVES AND GUIDELINES

What's my group?

Tuesday, February 16, 2016


Da Vinci's Deep Understanding Towards Human Body

Hi, my group mates, before this HUM112 course I do not have an interest towards relationship between art and science. But now, I want to share an admiration of myself towards Leonardo da Vinci. As he knows anatomy to draw his paintings, I learned that he also knows physics to make paintings of human body more realistic. Here is picture of Da Vinci's work about joints of human leg.  

Also to understand basic concept behind human body he designed a machine on paper which has similar characteristics with human body. 

 Depicting the Human Body

That can show us that he likes to understand everything deeply. If he didn't be like that, he would draw his painting and would not try to understand theory behind what he drawn. Perhaps, one of characteristics of what makes Leonardo da Vinci significant man is being like a "Renaissance Man" who is an ideal person having idea about many different subjects such as painting, math, geometry etc.

Note: I found images from link that is Depicting the Human Body

No comments:

Post a Comment