ABOUT THIS BLOG: OBJECTIVES AND GUIDELINES

What's my group?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hi,

I thought I'd share something related to my username in my first post. Let's get started.

As you may know, cats have been nice domestic animals since the last ~9500 years. Cats played an important role during the Renaissance period. They were cruelly used in some festivals for "sacrificial" purposes because some people thought that they were considered to be close associates of witchcraft. Also check Macbeth's Grimalkin.

Moreover, there were some artists during the Renaissance who included cats in their drawings. One of them was Leonardo Da Vinci with this (Study Sheet With Cats) and this (Sketch of Virgin With Child and Cat) drawing.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to check out the real cat!
NyanCat

1 comment:

  1. Good topic as cats have always special place in our lives.

    "Time spent with cats is never wasted."
    Sigmund Freud

    ReplyDelete