ABOUT THIS BLOG: OBJECTIVES AND GUIDELINES

What's my group?

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Alberti Said Some Really Moving Things

Hey guys,

I was doing some research about Alberti when I came across this quote: “A man can do all things if he but wills them.” 

This seemed really moving so I searched more for some quotes of his. Turns out he really emphasised some really cool things about art and life, which can still be applied for today. I am sharing the ones I liked the best. Enjoy!

"Painting contains a divine force which... makes the dead seem almost alive."

"When I investigate and when I discover that the forces of the heavens and the planets are within ourselves, then truly I seem to be living among the gods."


"Beauty: the adjustment of all parts proportionately so that one cannot add or subtract or change without impairing the harmony of the whole."


"We must always take from nature what we paint and always choose the most beautiful things."

1 comment:

  1. I loved the explanation of beauty. It explains beauty in a succinct and elegant way. This quote is pretty much the perfect representation of beauty that he states.

    ReplyDelete